Sonntag, 10. September 2017

More info on an Ottoman army of the Napoleonic period

While being busy painting more Ottomans and Ingo promising me to finish the cavalry sets now I had the luck to get a collection of Military Illustrated magazines, the issues I missed in my collection.

In one of them was an article about the first Ottoman regulars. Exactly the figures Ingo sculpted for me:-)

I thought this might be interesting for you too,








In the meantime I am a step further which what my friend would call my interest in obscure subjects:-)

I finished reading Allan Mallisons novel "On his majesty's service" from the adventures of Matthew Hervey.
In this novel he serves with the Russian army against the Turks in the Russo-Turkish war of 1826-28.
Another interesting subject so to say:-)


I would recomment this to you. More action than in most other books from this series.

3 Kommentare:

  1. Thanks for the article, excellent reading, and I'm looking forward to reading the Allan Mallison book

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I hope you enjoy it. In my eyes the best from the series so far.

      Löschen