Sonntag, 12. März 2017

Russo-Turkish war 1877

After a very long business-week I recognized that it is time for another post.

Here I have photos of an interesting wargame I found on the web this year. Sadly I lost the link to it, but safed the photos for my collection. Maybe someone can help out with information?

If you add WW1 there were 12 Russo-Turkish wars from 1568 to 1918.

In my eyes 1877/78 is one of the most interesting of them. Strelets has a nice range of figures for it and you can convert armies from both sides. Every Zouave can go as a turk and even WW1 German Pickelhaubes with ACW-Kepis can go as Russians.

Here we have some painting conversions of HAT WW1 Russians. But I think they don't work as this "slavic" style uniform came after 1877.






















Let's add some photos in another scale. Photos from Konstantinos who made them in a private Museum in Istanbul.





And to complete the post just a few uniform-plates of the Turkish army




And some photos from a Plevna Panorama painting. Also from Konstantinos










3 Kommentare:

  1. Nice to see this unusual period, beautiful minis, and glad to see these museum pictures...

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hello,

    Enjoyed the post. What museum is the diorama located at?

    Thanks,
    Frank Jastrzembski
    www.frankjastrzembski.com

    https://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/Valentine-Bakers-Heroic-Stand-At-Tashkessen-1877-Hardback/p/13481

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi Frank,

      thank you for you link too, looks like a book I need in my collection!

      the diorama photos are from the the Hisart Museum in Istanbul

      http://www.hisartmuseum.com/tr/

      cheers
      uwe

      Löschen