Samstag, 26. Dezember 2015

British Train 1815 - what to do with them

Some month ago a hobbyfriend who wanted sculpting for us asked me for an order. I told him "Make me three British train soldiers for Waterloo" and sent him some Revell horses on which they should fit.

Well, the price for the masters was the same as Massimo asks for. But the outcome is not his standart.

I do not really know if I should bring these figures into the shop. The casting showed no much details (the masters were white plastilin, nearly nothing to see on the photo).

Here I tried to give them an average paintjob, not supering or washing them to show the details on an ordinary painted figures.

So please take a look at the photos and tell me what you think about them.




4 Kommentare:

  1. Hoi Uwe, the poses are great but I cannot judge the details from these photographs. Perhaps you could post some close ups of unpainted figures?

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. They seem to me competently enough done, and with a bright paint job look quite nice to me. I'd give them employment in my army! Having said that, I infer from this posting you want to cast more from these masters. It seems to me that the simpler the master the more consistent and simpler the casting from them, but I really don't know for sure.

    Long ago I discovered that a good paint job and flocked figure bases will transform even quite indifferent soldiers into a fine body of troops.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi guys,

      well Sander, there are close to no details, so I had to work with the painting.

      And Archduke you are right. With a good paintjob you can create nearly everything. it reminds me on the old days when we converted Airfix-figures into nearly everything:-)

      Löschen